Monday, October 7, 2013

Cinnamon Apple Sauce

Its Fall and that means . . . APPLES! I have buckets of apples and have been making homemade apple sauce to try and use up as many as I can. I found a great recipe but it had TONS of sugar. So I came up with a healthier alternative. My family LOVES it. It does have a little sugar in it, so its not perfect Clean eating, but its better then buying it in the store and WAY cheaper!

YOU NEED:
16 Cups of Chopped / Peeled Apples
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 TSP Allspice
2 TSP Cinnamon
1/2 TSP Cloves
1 Cup Water

I cooked mine in my Pressure Cooker, but you can cook it on the stove in a big pot. If you are using a pressure cooker, just throw all ingredients in pot, and set it to High Pressure and Cook 20 Minutes. When done, just stir it all up. The apples are soft, and its easy to mash everything together. I canned mine, this recipe makes 2 Pint Jars.

SUPER EASY. The only bad part is peeling and chopping apples, AHHH! But in the end its worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment