Thursday, March 13, 2014

Its Gardening Time!!!

If you know me, you know I LOVE to be outside. I need the Sunshine. One of my favorite hobbies is gardening. I am not good at it, and I kill A LOT of plants, but I love it. I love the hard work and the results of the hard work in the Fall. I love bringing out my buckets and wheel barrel just to haul my veggies back into the house. Its a great feeling of accomplishment. Today I start by tilling my garden, (I am getting excited thinking about it). This year I am hoping to have my BEST garden yet. I am hoping to have enough food to feed my family through the winter and cut down on our cost of food. I am spending way to much on produce when I can grow this all myself.

I started 2 weeks ago, with my small herb garden. I planted seeds in my little pots and they are sitting in my sunniest window and growing like crazy. This year I plan on having a good sized herb garden, since the benefits of herbs are AMAZING, there is no way that I can leave them out. Also they smell so good.

Not only am I trying to save my family money this way, I am teaching my kids hard work, I am growing my family healthy food, and I have found a hobby that I really enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment