Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Homemade Pizza Sauce



This is actually super easy! I was surprised. The flavor was AMAZING and even my husband liked it (that is saying A LOT ). In our garden, we grew TONS of tomatoes. I had to find something to do with them. I am not very good at making Salsa, so I had to find something else to do with them. This is what I came up with.

Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe 

You Need:
6-7 Very Ripe Tomatoes, Peeled
2 TSP Chopped Garlic 
1 Large White Onion, Diced
4-6 TSP Basil 
2 TSP Sugar ( Optional ) 
1-2 TBSP Salt 
1/4 TSP Pepper
1 TSP Oregano
1 TSP Thyme
(If you want a thicker sauce add one can of tomato paste)  

Cook Onions and Garlic in Olive Oil. For about 5 Minutes. 

In a blender Puree Tomatoes, Blend VERY WELL. 

Add tomatoes to onions and garlic. Keep on a low heat. 


Add all the seasoning. 
 Basil 
 Sugar ( Optional ) 
TBSP Salt 
 TSP Pepper
 Oregano
 Thyme

Cover and let simmer for 30 Minutes. Let all the flavors blend together! 
I stirred my sauce every 5-10 minutes. 

I put my sauce in four, 8 OZ Jars. Let cool. I saved one for pizza that night, and froze the others. 



Label your Jars with the date! 



I used the tomatoes and onions from my garden. My Basil from my Kitchen Pots, see them HERE

With 35 Minutes of work and about 50 cents worth of seasoning, I am DONE! 






No comments:

Post a Comment