Thursday, March 14, 2013

Chicken Okra Stir Fry

This week I tried Okra for the first time. I can't believe I had never had it before! I made Gumbo with it at the first of the week and tonight I made Chicken Okra Stir Fry. AMAZING! I found the recipe in a magazine, but since I did not have half the ingredients I made up my own stir fry, and it turned out great!

Chicken Okra Stir-Fry

You Need: 
3 Chicken Breasts Cooked and Diced 
1 TBLS Coconut Oil 
1 1/2 Cup Cut Okra ( I used Frozen ) 
1/2 Purple Onion Diced 
1 Cup Chopped Celery 
1 TSP Cajun Seasoning 
1 Can Diced Tomatoes 
1 Can Chick Peas (rinsed and drained) 
1/2 Cup Chicken Broth 
1 TBLS Minced Garlic 
Juice of 1/2 Lemon 
Salt and Pepper (to taste) 

  1. Melt coconut Oil in Large Pan. 
  2. Add chicken, onion, celery, cajun seasoning, garlic. 
  3. Cook for about 5-6 minutes on medium heat. 
  4. Add tomatoes, chick peas, broth, lemon juice. 
  5. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. 
  6. Add okra, salt and pepper. 
  7. Cook for another 15 minutes. 
I served this dish over brown rice. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment