Wednesday, March 6, 2013

New Recipes

Each month I get Shape magazine. I pull out the workouts and usually skip over the recipes, because A. they look way to complicated B. I can't pronounce the name of some of the stuff they use C. I am lazy and want quick dinners.

The Link for the Recipes is HERE.

None of these excuses are going to work anymore. My husband was flipping through it and said we should do this. It was a grocery list and 5 recipes. Everything was very detailed. I looked through and thought it would be good to try new things. The next day I went to the grocery store, picked up the ingredients that were called for and I was actually excited about trying something new.

The first night was chicken and quinoa. AMAZING! My kids ate it all up and I thought that the portions sizes looked small, and that I would still be hungry. NOPE, I was full and did not even crave a late night treat.

Tuesday, was red snapper and couscous. I could not find Red Snapper fish, so we made salmon, and it was just as good! Never tried couscous before, but I must say I was impressed and we will be adding couscous to our dinners weekly.

Tonight, was lettuce wraps. My boys loved them. They loved all the meals that we have had this week, but tonight they kept saying they wanted to make it again. I was shocked, I thought this is the night they would not want to eat!

I am so excited to have 2 more nights of dinners planned and I know they are healthy, and I know that they are something different. I loved how even though monday took some time to prepare all the food, I have food then entire week. Wednesday is a busy night for us and we usually end up making something fast. Tonight was fast, and so good. Much better then the normal food that we eat. I will post about Thursday and Friday dinners, but I am sure they are just as good! Thank you Shape magazine!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment