Friday, March 1, 2013

Easy Pumpkin Carrot Cake

After trying the black bean brownies I was up for some experimenting. I found a recipe for spice cake and pumpkin. Since I did not have a spice cake, I used a carrot cake mix. It turned out so good. Really amazing flavor, and its 80 calories less then making the carrot cake mix with oil and eggs. I will be making this again! My kids loved it. In the fall we had over 30 pumpkins in our garden, one late night my mom and I canned pumpkin, the smartest thing I did with our garden. I have been trying to find new recipes to use up all my pumpkin cans.

Recipe for Pumpkin Carrot Cake 

You Need: 
1 Box of Carrot Cake Mix
1 15 oz Can of Pumpkin 
1/2 Cup Rasins 
1/4 Cup Craisins 
(I added 1 TBLS Flax Seed but this is optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Mix Pumpkin in mixer until smooth. 

Add Cake Mix. 

When mixed add raisins/craisins. Flax Seed. Or other ingredients you want to add. 

Bake for about 25 minutes. 

Enjoy! 

You could also add nuts, oats, chocolate chips, etc. This recipe would taste good with any of these ingredients! 


*This picture is not mine. I found it on google search. My cake turned out just like this! I just forgot to take a picture before my kids devoured them! 







No comments:

Post a Comment