Tuesday, March 5, 2013

New Healthy Food

This week, I have tried a couple new things, that I have NEVER tried, and wished that I had. So good!

First Unsweetened Almond Milk. I always buy coconut milk, but yesterday at the grocery store, they were out. After a big discussion on Facebook with a friend about almond and coconut milk, I was convinced that I should try unsweetened almond milk. I have had regular almond milk, with added sugar, and its amazing, but I don't need extra sugar trying to cut fat.

I was so excited to try this that I poured a glass before even putting my groceries away. For only being 30 Cal. it was good. It was not what I was excepting and I don't know if I could drink this plain, all the time, but I added it to my morning oatmeal, and it was so good. I cant wait to add it to my healthy drinks.



Next thing I tried was quinoa. I have been meaning to try this for months, and every time I go to the grocery store I pick it up and think do I really want to spend $5.00 on a small box, and put it back. This week my family is trying 5 new recipes and this the main ingredient in 3 of the dinners! So I figured for 3 meals spending $5.00 on a small box was not that bad. 

I cooked the whole box last night to save for my next 2 meals. I added vinegar and pinto beans (recipe to come) We ate it with chicken and it was so GOOD! I will never worry about the price again, because one box actually made a lot and my kids ate it and loved it. It has an amazing texture, with great flavor. I can't wait to use it again. 


I am so glad that I was open to trying new things, and I have more new ingrediants in my meals that I am making this week. If I like them I will blog about them! Thanks for reading! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl i like your blog... i dont think there is a Costco in logan but if you get to costco they sell quinoa cheap and of course its in bulk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I heard they are getting a costco! Can not Wait!!!

      Delete