Thursday, February 14, 2013

Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

I went grocery shopping on Tuesday, and did not buy any processed snacks. I like making my own snacks and really its about 15 minutes of my time. I made granola bars a while back, RECIPE HERE. Loved them! When I went to make them again, I was out of a couple main ingredients, so I decided to use the recipe I had before, and change it up a little. What came out was DELICIOUS! 

Chocolate Granola Bars Recipe

You Need: 
4 Cups Oats 
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
1 1/2 Cups Rice Crispy Cereal 
1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Honey
1 Cup Brown Sugar 
2 TSP Vanilla 
4 TBLS Flax Seed 
4 TBLS Cocco Powder 



  Over Medium heat, melt oil, honey, brown sugar. 

When bubbling, add other ingredients, EXCPET chocolate chips. MIX WELL. 

Line Pan with Foil. Push granola down into pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over granola, and press them  into granola with spatula. You will want to do this quick so they don't get gooey. Let granola bars sit for about an hour. Then using a pizza cutter, cut them into bars. Store in an air tight container. If you like them a little softer, add a piece of bread to air tight container. (this really works). 

Thats it enjoy!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment