Tuesday, February 19, 2013

CrAzY???

This morning my alarm went off and I looked out the window its still dark, I should be in bed. Even my husband told me to just come back to sleep, but I knew that if I don't go to the gym now. Its not going to happen the rest of the day. So I hurried and got dressed and walked out into 8, yes 8 degree weather, climbed in my FREEZING cold car and drove to the gym. The entire time I kept thinking "why am I doing this, am I crazy?"

Maybe I am crazy, but I think the better word is dedicated. I am dedicated to getting the body I want. I am dedicated to living a long and very healthy life. Weight loss does not come easy for me and I will do what it takes to get what I want.

I look back at pictures of myself when I was heavier. I am shocked that I let myself stay that way. I don't ever want to be known for being that weight. I want people to think of me as strong and healthy.
I am glad that I have the opportunity to go through such a struggle. My struggle made me go back to school, make sure my family is eating healthy, and made me be a healthy person. If weight loss came easy to me, I don't know if I would work as hard as I have. Does this make me crazy? To be grateful for weight loss struggle, again maybe. Its a good thing to be a little crazy about something.


No comments:

Post a Comment