Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I never knew . . .

On Friday, I finally was able to go to the 9:00 class at my gym. It was the Tone and Define class. I thought, this will be fun, I can change it up and have a good workout. I had a GREAT workout. It hurt like I have never felt before. We did 30 minutes of lunges with a 20 pound bar. We did free weights and some squats. Even though it was the hardest workout I have ever done, I can't wait to go back, because I know that its giving me results, it has to for how bad it hurt :) 

I had a pretty rough night and did not sleep. When 5:30 rolled around I could not wait to get out of bed and go to the gym. I needed to get out and relieve some stress. I walked into the gym, just in time for a Spin Class. I walked right passed the Spin Class and headed into the weight and machine room. Then I thought, hey why not try the Spin Class instead of my normal workout. I have done it a couple times, but that was 4 years ago! 

I am so glad that I chose to hop on that spin bike and work up a sweat! It was fun, and different and it made me want to keep working out. After an hour of spin I did 25 minutes of arms using free weights. I feel really good this morning. I have a good amount of energy considering I only slept about 2 hours. 

What I am trying to say, it that you never know how much you are going to like something until you try it. Its intimidating, when you walk into that room and you see a bunch of super skinny fit women and men. They all look like pro's! But, I guess I don't care what people think anymore, because I am there for one reason and that is to get healthy. Who cares if I am using a lighter weight, one day I will be using the heavy weight. We all have to start someplace. 

( This is what I felt like on the bike today ) 
:) 



No comments:

Post a Comment