Thursday, January 24, 2013

Coconut Oil

I have really been getting into natural oils and more holistic medicine. Its amazing the powers of natural  foods. I have been thinking about what to post about all week, I don't want to post the same thing every day! As I was using coconut oil, on my sons eczema, I knew exactly what to post about today!

I use coconut oil for almost EVERYTHING! I cook with it, we use it as moisturizer, massage oil, stretch mark / scar remover, medicine for a cold, burn ointment, and the list goes on!

I cook with it the same way that I cook with butter. Anything that is cooked in oil or butter I replace it with coconut oil. I have found that most recipes taste the same or even better. Sauté veggies, in coconut oil, or make your favorite cookies, its not a strong flavor of coconut, and is way more heart healthy then using margarine (which I won't even buy anymore, its horrible for you).

My kids have really dry skin and eczema. Within an hour of massaging coconut oil onto the dry skin, its cleared up and looks much better. I use it as a facial moisturizer, and it really has reduced my fine lines on my face. I use it as a lotion and a hair conditioner. My hair is way softer. I massage the coconut oil into my hair about 30 minutes before I shower. Then I wash it like normal. My dry hair is not oily, but soft and its really helping reduce my split ends.

A couple weeks ago I was so sick! My cold was not going away, I mixed 1 tsp. coconut oil, 1 tsp raw honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon. I took this 2 times, and the next day my sore throat was gone and I started to feel so much better! After days of being sick, I know this is what helped!

I recommend this stuff to everyone! I know that just adding this one thing to our healthy living, has changed us, in all types of ways.  I actually don't know what we would do without it, anymore! Do your own research and I'd love to hear other ways to use coconut oil!






No comments:

Post a Comment