Thursday, January 24, 2013

Healthy Banana Bread

Since it is a nice 20 degrees outside. I thought I would bake. Its been awhile, because nothing is really healthy, and I know that I will not be able to make cookies without eating them. I found a recipe in one of my cookbooks for Banana Bread, and since I have a cupboard full of brown bananas I knew this was the recipe to make. But it called for white flour, butter, and 4 cups of sugar. I changed it up and it turned out great. The texture is a little softer then normal banana bread, but I think it tasted the same! My boys ate an entire loaf before dinner, they loved it! 

Healthy Banana Bread Recipe

1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 Cup White Flour or Rice Flour ( I used white ) 
1 1/2 TSP Baking Powder
1/2 TSP Cinnamon 
1/4 TSP Nutmeg
2 Eggs
2 Cups Mashed Bananas ( About 5-6) 
1 Cup Honey
1/2 Cup Applesauce 

Mix all wet ingredients. In another bowl, mix dry ingredients. Slowly add the two mixtures together. Mix. It will be slightly Lumpy. Bake for 50 Minutes at 350 Degrees. 

Thats it! It took me about 10 minutes to make it. Perfect recipe to have a treat but stay healthy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment