Sunday, July 1, 2012

Amazing Healthy Pancakes

Really, these are awesome!!! This morning I wanted pancakes, I found a couple recipes for healthy pancakes and I did not have all the stuff, so I came up with my own and I LOVE them!!! My kids loved them, my baby who is a picky eater ate 2 1/2 pancakes. These are not normal pancakes, I don't know what else to call them though, so Healthy Pancakes it is!


Recipe
  • 2 very ripe medium banana
  • 2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 Eggs 
  • 1 Teaspoon Salt
  • 1 Teaspoon Almond Extract 
  • 4 Tablespoons Coconut Oil ( Softened ) 
  • 8 Tablespoons Coconut Milk ( could use another milk substitute )
  • 1 cup rolled oats 
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat  flour (or substitute other flour)
  • 3 Tablespoons Almond Bark Chopped 
Instructions
  1. Preheat a skillet to medium heat or about 300-325 degrees.
  2. Mash your very ripe bananas, I put mine in my mixer while I was getting my other ingredients out. 
  3. Add Baking Soda, Eggs, Coconut Oil, Salt, Almond Extract, Coconut Milk to the mashed Banana 
  4. Add Oats and Flour, Mix Well. 
  5. Fold in Almond Bark
  6. Put about 1/4 cup batter onto lightly greased skillet. 
  7. Cook Until Golden Brown on each side. 
  8. ENJOY!!!  We added a little syrup. But you could use Jam, or Peanut butter! 


No comments:

Post a Comment