Friday, July 27, 2012

Healthy Zucchini Bread

I have tons of zucchini from my in laws, we have been making a lot of stir fry. But I wanted something else. I was looking at regular zucchini bread recipes and they are horrible for you! So I found a recipe for clean eating, and I changed it! My boys love it and I will be making more tomorrow!


Clean Eating Zucchini Bread


Ingredients
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2/3 cup honey
1-1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
2 tbsp. apple sauce
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 whole eggs
1 tbsp. Lemon juice
1/2 cups vanilla oatmeal


Directions


Preheat oven to 350 degrees and oil and flour one large bread pan.


Step 1 – In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and nutmeg.


Step 2 – In another bowl, Whisk together the honey, zucchini, apple sauce, eggs, coconut oil, lemon juice and yogurt. Mix.


Step 3 – Stir the flour mixture into the wet mixture and blend well.


Step 4 – Pour the batter into the loaf pan and place in the pan in the oven.


Step 5 – Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment