Saturday, July 14, 2012

Today I Cried . . . Happy Tears!!!

Today I stepped on my scale to see this . . . 



Today I cried. . . 

I made my goal. I did it. WOOHOO!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!

I cried happy tears. I was so full of emotions I did not know what to do to but cry! I am so happy for myself. I know that 139, is not everyones goal weight. But, it was my goal. And for me being 5'9, I am happy to be in the 130's. Since I started 3 months ago, I have lost 12% of my body weight, since I started over a year ago I have lost, 23%! 

If you have not been following my blog, here is how I did it, in a quick summery! 

I have been following the Clean Eating Diet. I eat mostly fruits and veggies and lean meats and fish. I will allow myself to have treats every now and then. I will still eat out every now and then, but when I do, I have portion control, I don't eat a carton of french fries, I have one drink ( not soda ). I try and make a healthier choice of what restaurant we go to. 
I make a meal plan and we stick to it. Thanks to Pinterest for giving me great meal ideas, I have been able to try so many new foods, that I never thought I would like or that my kids would like. I make sure that I use portion control. At first I felt like I was starving, now that small plate is normal. 1/2 cup of cereal and coconut milk is normal. I have learned that you don't need to eat a huge meal to feel full. It takes a little time to get your body used to eating that way, but I feel so much better now that I have. 

I drink about 40 - 50 oz of water a day. Water helps me feel full and not feel like snacking especially late in the afternoon.  

I workout 6 days a week, my workouts are 40 minutes to 1 1/2 hours. It depends on what I am doing that day. I like to do deferent exercises each day to change things up, and not get bored. I like to use free weights, and an exercise ball. When I started I could not do more then 2-3 lunges at a time, now I can 30 +. Whatever exercise felt hard, I did it more. I did it until it was not hard anymore. 


I am not giving up because I made my goal. I like eating healthy, I like working out. I don't want to stop what habits I have created. I like the way I feel when I eat healthy. I like the way I feel when I exercise. Why, would I ever want to stop? I did this for myself, I did this for my kids and my husband. I want to be around for a really long time, I want to live to be 100, and I want to be healthy the entire time I am around. 

I am not going to stop my healthy lifestyle, I am going to keep blogging recipes and exercises. My new goal is to get to 135, and have a six pack. I am so close!!! I will post pictures next week. I hope that I can make my supporters proud! 

Thanks for supporting me and following my blog. It means a lot to me. 
Thank you, 
Marissa 




No comments:

Post a Comment